A discution have started today about doing a managed web browser.
- Cross plateform browser
- Can be used in dotnet without wraping a unmanaged class
- Can be funny😉
- Reinvent the weel
- Far from the goal of mono
- Take a long time and lot of money
- Firefox is ever cross plateform…
To be honnest, it is a cool project to learned a lot of things. But behind that the real gain is not so big versus the time of development.
We have a lot of things ever done:
- Jscript compiler
- visual layer with system.Drawing (GTK# or Winforms seems bad for me to customize and is not done for that…)
- xml parser
And a lot to do:
- CSS parser
- HTML parser