I have worked a lot in game area of open source software.
And just want to present some little things very interesting :
- Ogre3d which is
a beautifulthe best engine (better than a lot of commercial engine) with a lot of support/tool/binding…
- Axiom3d witch is the port in C# of Ogre3d have rebirth!
- Irrlicht is a good engine too with binding for Mono/.NET
- vertexbuffer which is a very good site to optimize your code
- GameDev is the best site to learned openGL and client side thing for 3d world 😉
- TaoFramework is a beautiful framework which is a collection of binding for DotNet
- Mono.XNA is the port of MS.XNA
- Devmaster is a beautiful site to find the perfect engine for your need.
UPDATE: Axiom have show a benchmark (if someone find the page…) of OGRE VS AXIOM and it show that C# is better in some part. For people who said that C# is slow.